- March in the opposite direction or back along the same route.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The armies of the French and English marched and countermarched along the trails through the hills.
- Realizing the road ahead was blocked, they countermarched in order to find a way around.
- The armies marching and countermarching throughout this township during the 18th and early 19th centuries discouraged early settlers.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An act or instance of marching in the opposite direction or back along the same route.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He maintained that ‘in all marches and countermarches of the human race, France of right leads the van.’
- Following the political formula that every protest should inspire a countermarch, there has been a request for permission to stomp through Aberdeen the same day from a nationalist group.
Más definiciones de countermarchDefinición de countermarch en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional