Definición de countermine en inglés:
An excavation dug to intercept another dug by an enemy.
- A countermine was successful when an enemy tunnel was intercepted.
- A mine dug through the solid rock below the castle was intercepted by a countermine, bringing the mining to an end.
- Here, the engineer is Hamlet, who is going to place some explosives in a countermine, one yard underneath that of his ‘excellent good friends’.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Dig a countermine against.
- Mining operations and countermining operations have been part of America's wars since World War II.
- Another 20 unknown contacts were countermined in harbours as the team responded to USN unmanned vehicle or marine mammal searches.
- By countermining at these points, the Barcaeans broke into the enemy's works and slew the men they found there.
Definición de countermine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan