- A second or subsidiary subject, especially accompanying the subject or its answer in a fugue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Normally there is a dynamic interplay between subject and countersubject in a fugue, but here the energy is concentrated in the subject, with the countersubject limply shadowing it in thirds and sixths.
- Additional counterpoint is called ‘free’, but such material may be restated in an identical form, as if it were a second countersubject.
- He excelled the skills even of Frescobaldi in the manipulation of fugal devices such as countersubject, stretto and sustained pedalpoint.
Más definiciones de countersubjectDefinición de countersubject en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional