Definición de coyote en inglés:
1 (plural igual or coyotes) A wolflike wild dog native to North America. Also called brush wolf or prairie wolf.
- Canis latrans, family Canidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are 36 species of Canidae, including dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes.
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- Eagles, rattlesnakes, deer, pronghorn antelope, foxes, coyotes, and mountain lions roam the area.
2North American informal A person who smuggles Latin Americans across the US border, typically for a high fee: at the bus station, there were coyotes offering to drive us to Los Angeles
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over time I was also able to use non-American friends as coyotes to smuggle refills.
- To get past the border guards, immigrants from Mexico hire smugglers - called coyotes - to guide them through crossing points.
- His only choice was to travel to Tijuana and hire a coyote (immigrant smuggler) to take him across the border.
Mid 18th century: from Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl coyotl.
Palabras que riman con coyoteCapote, coatee, dhoti, floaty, goaty, oaty, peyote, roti, throaty
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda