Definición de crash-dive en inglés:
1(Of a submarine) dive rapidly and steeply to a deeper level in an emergency.
- If the submarine had come under attack, both men would have quickly drowned with no hope of escape as their boat crash-dived.
- Often, in the mid-Atlantic, after forcing U-boats to crash-dive, carrier planes dropped homing torpedoes on the submarines.
- Anyway, Brick's good piloting brought the sub back in view, now crash-diving to yet away.
sustantivo(crash dive) Volver al principio
A steep dive by a submarine or aircraft.
- ‘There was a lot of noise and debris flying about and the helicopter went into a controlled crash dive but Pete had only partially detached himself,’ said Mr Dell.
- The man admitted that he had been playing with the helicopter and was making a crash dive move.
- Forty minutes later we make a crash dive, regrouping at 15m below the surface current that whips across the reef-top.
Definición de crash-dive en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan