Definición de crayfish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or crayfishes)(also freshwater crayfish)
1A nocturnal freshwater crustacean that resembles a small lobster and inhabits streams and rivers.
- Several genera in the infraorder Astacidea, class Malacostraca, including Astacus of Europe and Cambarus of North America
- Land crabs, river crayfish, opossum, agouti, and fish are caught where available.
- As we clambered through the breakdown above the stream we saw several crayfish, which had apparently been washed in by the storm earlier in the week.
- It escaped, of course, like all imports do, and is now wiping out the much smaller native crayfish in the rushing streams of the Yorkshire Dales.
1.1 (also marine crayfish) another term for spiny lobster.
- Lobsters, crabs, prawns, bay bugs, freshwater and marine crayfish all belong to the phylum Arthropoda, the group which also contains insects.
- He pointed to recent archaeological investigations which indicated that Maori had overexploited resources such as seals, marine crayfish and birds of several varieties.
- The Palinuridae family includes the commercially exploited crustaceans of Australia that are known as rock lobsters, spiny crayfish and marine crayfish.
Definición de crayfish en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia