A white, crystalline, acidic compound obtained as a byproduct of wine fermentation and used chiefly in baking powder.
- Alternative name:potassium hydrogen tartrate; chemical formula: HOOC(CHOH)2COOK
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The commercial production of tartaric acid begins with potassium hydrogen tartrate obtained as a waste product from the wine industry.
- Addition of an acid such as citric acid (found in lemon juice) or cream of tartar (which contains tartaric acid) also enhances inversion.
- Other examples are bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, calcium oxalate, and saltpetre.
Definición de cream of tartar en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional