Definición de crista en inglés:
sustantivo (plural cristae /-tē, -tī/)
1 Anatomy & Zoology A ridge or crest.
- The posterior lingual and buccal cristae do not meet the median longitudinal crista.
- Near the front of the brain, in the midline, a deep sagittal groove in the dura indicates the site where the crista galli of the ethmoid bone is accommodated.
- The falx is narrow and attached firmly to the crista galli of the ethmoid bone.
2 Biology Each of the partial partitions in a mitochondrion formed by infolding of the inner membrane.
- The inner mitochondrial membrane is folded into cristae that permeate the soluble, internal matrix.
- The cytoplasm was full of elongated mitochondria, rich in cristae, and with pale matrix.
- In the swollen mitochondria, the cristae system practically disappeared.
mid 19th century: from Latin, 'tuft, plume, crest'.
- Example sentences
- Neither of the two cristate plants have ever flowered, so I had to propagate them by none cristate offsets cuttings.
- In addition to cristate and variegated succulents the book covers all kinds of succulent plant freak growths from chimeras and uncontrolled proliferation to spiral torsion and spinelessness.
- The distinct morphology of this and other brain cacti, known as cristate or crested growth, is caused by an apical meristem gone awry.
Definición de crista en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan