Definición de cross-pollinate en inglés:
Pollinate (a flower or plant) with pollen from another flower or plant.
- Further complicating matters, corn is cross-pollinated, and corn pollen can travel fairly long distances, according to some.
- Some carpels and ovules were only slightly enlarged despite the flowers being cross-pollinated by hand.
- The bird then spreads the pollen to other B. ringens (commonly known as rat's tails), thereby cross-pollinating the plant species.
- Example sentences
- All trees were used for both seed and pollen, and each was pollinated using another tree as a pollen source for cross-pollination.
- In trees 319 and 537, a greater proportion of ovules were fertilized following cross-pollination than self-pollination.
- Fruits produced by self-pollinations on self-fertile plants, however, contained fewer seeds than fruits produced by cross-pollinations on the same plants.
Definición de cross-pollinate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan