Pollinate (a flower or plant) with pollen from another flower or plant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Further complicating matters, corn is cross-pollinated, and corn pollen can travel fairly long distances, according to some.
- Some carpels and ovules were only slightly enlarged despite the flowers being cross-pollinated by hand.
- The bird then spreads the pollen to other B. ringens (commonly known as rat's tails), thereby cross-pollinating the plant species.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All trees were used for both seed and pollen, and each was pollinated using another tree as a pollen source for cross-pollination.
- In trees 319 and 537, a greater proportion of ovules were fertilized following cross-pollination than self-pollination.
- Fruits produced by self-pollinations on self-fertile plants, however, contained fewer seeds than fruits produced by cross-pollinations on the same plants.
Definición de cross-pollinate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional