Definición de crusader en inglés:
1 (Crusader) A fighter in the medieval Crusades.
- Participation in the Crusade was said to have great spiritual value for the individual crusader.
- The man who went on about the need for love found himself backing crusaders all the way to the Holy Land.
- The entire venture was an ignoble failure, calling forth from Bernard a passionate lament over the sins of the crusaders.
2A person who campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious change; a campaigner: crusaders for early detection and treatment of mental illness
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- CNN entertainment correspondent Brooke Anderson is investigating Senator Patrick Leahy's fascination with the caped crusader.
- Theoretical science has been slowly driven from the universities by the new crusaders of Postmodernism.
- In 2004, the Republicans will be a prowar party led by a would-be crusader.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan