Definición de cuckoo bee en inglés:
A bee that lays its eggs in the nest of another species of bee, the young being raised and fed by the host.
- Nomada and related genera (which parasitize solitary bees), and Psithyrus (which parasitize bumblebees), family Apidae
- Look for cuckoo bees flying low over the ground and foliage, hunting for foraging and nesting victims.
- Mated female cuckoo bees hibernate through the winter, and emerge in the spring later than their hosts.
- Typically, cuckoo bees that prey on solitary bees enter the nest to lay eggs while the host is out foraging.
Definición de cuckoo bee en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary