1A person or thing that cultivates something: they were herders of cattle and cultivators of corn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The distinction was basically about categories of people, founded originally on their occupations as cattle herders or cultivators.
- Front-mounted or belly-mounted cultivators, or pusher cultivators on bi-directional tractors, are far easier to keep on the row and work close enough to the crop plants.
- In periods of drought, weeds may go into a semi-dormancy, leading farmers to stop cultivating or to set cultivators less aggressively.
1.1A mechanical implement for breaking up the soil and uprooting weeds.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sometimes referred to as a hand fork, the cultivator is used for weeding, and as its name implies, for cultivating the soil.
- Special cultivators and weed brushes developed for use in narrow-row spaced crops can be used in seedbeds that are grown in rows.
- He shows off his three-tined cultivators (key to weed control in narrow intensive beds).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: cul·ti·va·tor
Definición de cultivator en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda