Definición de culvert en inglés:
A tunnel carrying a stream or open drain under a road or railroad.
- The tanks, roads, culverts and lagoon opening have all suffered through the lack of maintenance.
- Aggravating the problems is a pair of culverts through Provincial Road 205, which have been set at the wrong level.
- These criminal acts will retard progress and push up costs of building the road as the demolished culverts will have to be replaced.
verbo[with object] (usually be culverted) Volver al principio
Channel (a stream or drain) through a culvert.
- Sprawl and malls are filling in the vacant lots and woodlands where we used to play; rivers and streams are culverted, channelized, and barren; and the coasts, lakesides, and mountains are spotted with trophy homes and locked gates.
- He made his report following a motion that the stream be culverted.
- Or it might have happened later, when the creek was culverted and the woods cut down to make way for subdivisions and shopping malls.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan