- 1An aggressive dog or one that is in poor condition, especially a mongrel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Just as the evening shades were drawing on the landlady observed a cur dog, belonging to a well known cattle jobber and farmer, emerge from the kitchen quarters bearing something in its jaws.
- Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur.
- As you poke the dog, it becomes more and more likely that the cur will attack you - at which point you'll have to shoot it.
- 1.1 • informal A contemptible man.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Court of Appeal agreed with the trial judge that the language used by the farmer in the two conversations, which included calling the farm hand a liar and a bastard and a cur, justified the farm hand in leaving.
- ‘Our boys are fighting and dying for the infernal curs and traitors inside,’ one speaker cried.
- When she tells Alfonso that Eric is on board and cannot step on Bucca, he starts calling the men to retrieve the Avalonian cur from the Lucky Dog to be arrested for stealing from the Counsel!
Middle English (in the general sense 'dog'): probably originally in cur-dog, perhaps from Old Norse kurr 'grumbling'.