sustantivo (plural curculios)chiefly North American
A beetle of the weevil family, especially one that is a pest of fruit trees.
- Several genera and species in the family Curculionidae, including theplum curculio (Conotrachelus nenuphar)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now scientists have identified a natural odor, or pheromone, released by the male curculio weevil that attracts both males and females.
- The three main insect pests that damage apple fruits are apple maggot flies, plum curculio, and codling moth.
- Repellent sprays help, provided the curculios have a flowering crab apple nearby on which to turn their attention.
modern Latin, used as the genus name for weevils in the 18th century, now restricted to the nut weevils.
Definición de curculio en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional