1A medicine or other remedy that will supposedly cure any ailment.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Once deciphered, the scrolls were found to contain the ancient Egyptian equivalent of a medical manual, complete with herbal remedies and cure-alls.
- Historically, whey was considered a cure-all used to heal ailments ranging from gastrointestinal complaints to joint and ligament problems.
- But in October when the horse fell ill, he took it to a surgeon with veterinary skills to be bled - a cure-all for every ailment at the time.
1.1A solution to any problem: unfortunately, the new output circuitry is not a cure-all
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is not against raising the people's standard of living, but he insists that economic solutions are not a cure-all, and that moral factors also need to be taken into account.
- When it comes to wireless, no one solution is a cure-all - it all depends on your business.
- Of course, technology is not a cure-all solution as innovations that create economic growth simultaneously destroy specific jobs as new technologies replace older ones.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: cure-all
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda