Definición de currant gall en inglés:
A spherical red or purple gall that forms on the leaves or male catkins of oak trees in response to the developing larva of a gall wasp. It results from eggs laid in the spring and alternates with the spangle gall.
- The wasp is Neuroterus quercusbaccarum, family Cynipidae
- The black currant gall mites are the small white worm-like creatures between the bud tissues.
- Look up oak apples, marble galls, currant galls etc. in an insect book - there are over 20 types on oak alone.
- Common insects include the San Jose scale, currant borer, and black currant gall mite.
Definición de currant gall en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan