Definición de cybersquatting en inglés:
The practice of registering names, especially well-known company or brand names, as Internet domains, in the hope of reselling them at a profit.
- While issues such as domain name ownership and cybersquatting (taking control of a website address you have no right to) were clearly red hot at the height of the internet boom, they remain of considerable importance today.
- While cybersquatting on brand names has been outlawed and such companies are allowed to put claim to the relevant URL, it is still lawful for anyone to register a site under someone's name.
- Although the law now protects companies' trademark when it comes to cybersquatting, registering people's name is still a grey area.
- Example sentences
- Pharmaceutical companies in particular are concerned about protecting the names of drugs so they can't be used as domain names by cybersquatters.
- This is very unusual - two large companies spitting over a URL, as opposed to one large company bullying a Web address from a smaller business, or wrenching a domain name from a cybersquatter.
- You've got to feel sorry for the once-proud cybersquatters who bought up huge numbers of domain names hoping to sell them off for a small fortune.
Definición de cybersquatting en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan