sustantivoarchaic or literary
A young unmarried woman.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The young damsel has been captured by baddie pirate Barbossa because she possesses a rare coin.
- The story goes that a young damsel was at the top of the tower when she saw her husband gored to death by a stag he was hunting.
- He would never sense the spirit, the gaiety in courting a young damsel.
damsel in distress
- often humorous A young woman in trouble (with the implication that the woman needs to be rescued, as by a prince in a fairy tale).Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike many would-be damsels in distress, I never imagined myself being rescued by a knight in shining armor.
- I felt as if he was my angel, and I was the damsel in distress.
- Turrets, towers and battlements now look fit to accommodate any damsel in distress.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: dam·sel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda