Definición de danaid en inglés:
A large strikingly marked butterfly of a group that includes the monarch, found chiefly in the tropics of Africa and East Asia.
- Subfamily Danainae, family Nymphalidae (formerly family Danaidae)
- The male danaids have two brushlike structures called hairpencils that are normally tucked into the rear of the abdomen.
- Danaids are large, robust butterflies that contain some of the longest-lived butterflies in the world.
- The danaid butterflies, such as the Monarch, are well recognised to be doubly defended from predators by two classes of plant-derived toxins.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Danaidae, arbitrary use of the Latin name of the daughters of Danaus.
Definición de danaid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan