Definición de dark adaptation en inglés:
The adjustment of the eye to low light intensities, involving reflex dilation of the pupil and activation of the rod cells in preference to the cone cells.
- The study recorded oscillatory potentials in seven patients with type 2 diabetes and eight age-matched control subjects during oxygen inhalation after dark adaptation.
- This important observation suggests that rhabdomeric sGC expression is a fundamental property of locust photoreceptor cells, perhaps linked to photoreceptor dark adaptation in both kinds of eye.
- Several studies demonstrated depressed critical flicker frequencies, reduced sensitivity to light during dark adaptation, shorter visualevoked response and isolated occipital disinhibition upon eye closure.
- Example sentences
- Bleaching of rhodopsin in an isolated dark-adapted frog rod photoreceptor leads to the gradual increase in fluorescence in the outer segment, similar to what has been observed in salamander rods.
- The temporal resolutions of the dark-adapted photoreceptors of several species of mesopelagic crustaceans have been described in earlier studies.
- Conformational possibilities of flexible loops in rhodopsin, a prototypical G-protein-coupled receptor, were studied by modeling both in the dark-adapted and activated (R *) states.
Definición de dark adaptation en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan