A dark-colored nocturnal beetle, typically with reduced or absent wings.
- Family Tenebrionidae: numerous genera and species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A new insecticide labelled for control of darkling beetles, hide beetles and flies, known as orthoboric acid, provides long residual control up to nine to twelve months or longer.
- Hide beetles are larger than darkling beetles, about 1/3 inch long, dark brown on top, with a mostly white undersurface (belly).
- In the field experiments, generalist aphids and darkling beetles were the dominant herbivores.
Definición de darkling beetle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional