2A large slender-bodied dragonfly. Also called darning needle, devil's darning needle.
[said to be so named because of the popular belief that the dragonfly sews up the lips and eyelids of people sleeping]
- Family Aeshnidae: several genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.
- Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.
- Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.
Definición de darner en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional