Definición de darner en inglés:
2A large slender-bodied dragonfly. Also called darning needle, devil's darning needle.
[said to be so named because of the popular belief that the dragonfly sews up the lips and eyelids of people sleeping]
- Family Aeshnidae: several genera
- A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.
- Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.
- Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.
Definición de darner en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia