Definición de daube en inglés:
A stew of meat, typically beef, braised slowly in wine.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When I left university, vaguely aware that things were moving on, I found Elizabeth David and tried to make boeuf bourguignon and daubes without success.
- My main course was a daube of beef on a bed of creamed potatoes, with glazed vegetables and a sweet jus.
- Beef with carrots was braised to a deep, glossy brown, like a daube, but was a bit on the ragged side and less melting than would be perfect.
- (Of meat) braised slowly in wine.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Meat cooked ‘en daube’ is usually braised in red wine stock with root vegetables and herbs.
- The cooked foodstuff was then removed to be eaten ‘dry’ (without the sauce) and often cold. If the food was eaten in its sauce, it ceased to be en daube and became en compote.
- Beef is often prepared as a stew called boeuf en daube with vegetables being a main staple served as a gratin, in salads or stuffed with meat.
French; compare with Italian addobbo 'seasoning'.
Palabras que riman con daubeenrobe, globe, Job, lobe, probe, robe, strobe
Definición de daube en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda