The removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Abscess drainage or debridement of necrotic tissue may be necessary.
- Maintenance of a moist wound microenvironment and debridement of necrotic tissue increase wound healing rates and reduce pain.
- Patients require referral to a dentist within 24 hours for drainage and debridement of the infected periodontal area.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most chronic wounds require some method of debridement; however, some wounds should not be debrided.
- Once she was mobile, she began her daily trips to "the tank," where her wounds were debrided.
- Three subjects had their wounds debrided to less than 50 % necrotic tissue prior to study enrollment.
Mid 19th century: from French, from débrider, literally 'unbridle', based on bride 'bridle' (of Germanic origin).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·bride·ment
Definición de debridement en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda