- 1Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed: the bomb hits it, showering debris from all sidesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The plane came down about 100 yards from a row of terrace houses, showering some gardens with debris.
- Fire services and Gardai also attended the scene of the crash and debris was scattered over both sides of the road.
- Some of the bodies remained under debris as rescue workers cleared rubble.
- 1.1Loose natural material consisting especially of broken pieces of rock: a stable arrangement of planets, comets, and debris orbiting the sunMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As the ice moves it can erode or excavate large quantities of the rock and unconsolidated debris on which it rests.
- Turbulent tides have churned up the sea bed, disturbing rocks and natural debris such as drift wood.
- Why then was there so little accumulation of sedimentary rock and debris on the ocean floor?
- 1.2Dirt or refuse: clean away any collected dust or debrisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Bulging bin-liners lined the walls, and debris and dirt were so thick on the floor that it was virtually invisible.
- The funds have provided a supply of sturdy refuse bags to collect the debris, as well as litter pickers for everyone taking part.
- I have to gather up all the debris in the house and squeeze just one more bag of trash into our bin.
early 18th century: from French débris, from obsolete débriser 'break down'.