- An upper-class young woman making her first appearance in fashionable society.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- About a quarter of a million people line the banks of the Thames and the race is part of the social season, attended by debutantes and society figures with strict entry and dress codes for some parts of the riverbank.
- My darling daughter, Beatrix herself had been one of the most successful debutantes in her younger years, and she saw no reason as to why her daughter should not follow in her path.
- In 1839 she came out in society as a debutante, with the Nightingales taking an entire floor of the Carlton Hotel in London's Regent Street to mark the event.
early 19th century: from French débutante (feminine) 'leading off', from the verb débuter.
Más definiciones de debutanteDefinición de debutante en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional