Definición de decidua en inglés:
The thick layer of modified mucous membrane that lines the uterus during pregnancy and is shed with the afterbirth.
- One mechanism by which microorganisms might cause preterm labor is through ascension from the cervical/vaginal area and replication in the placenta, decidua and membranes.
- There were large amounts of polarizable foreign body material contained within the membranes and maternal decidua, without associated inflammation or tissue reaction.
- The tissue is sent to the laboratory where the fetal villi are dissected from the maternal decidua and either processed directly or cultured for chromosomal, DNA or biochemical analysis.
late 18th century: from modern Latin decidua (membrana), literally 'falling off (membrane)'.
- Example sentences
- The pathophysiologic events that trigger preterm birth are largely unknown but may include decidual hemorrhage, uterine overdistension, and hormonal changes possibly mediated by fetal or maternal stress.
- The thickened, hormonally charged decidual tissue is a fertile implantation site for the enlarging placenta and also acts as a barrier between the placental tissue and uterine muscle.
- Separate fragments of secretory endometrium with decidual stromal reaction and inactive glands were also seen.
Definición de decidua en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan