1The liquor resulting from concentrating the essence of a substance by heating or boiling, especially a medicinal preparation made from a plant: a decoction of a root
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Patients were given herbs and taught how to make decoctions, or the decoctions were prepared by the herbalist and given to the patient using an assortment of recycled bottles.
- Witch hazel decoctions are easily found on the shelf of most pharmacies, yet the literature available regarding its efficacy and mechanisms of action is limited.
- You may simmer tougher herbal roots and barks to make them into decoctions, another form of water extract.
1.1The action or process of extracting the essence of something.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some of these methods such as the detoxification of aconite by preparing it with salt and/or long…decoction are a mainstay of TCM practice.
- Medicinal plants are predominantly wildcrafted and dispensed mainly by decoction, although prepared formulas are given.
Palabras que riman con decoctionconcoction
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·coc·tion
Definición de decoction en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda