(Of a country) withdraw from (a colony), leaving it independent: they must decolonize French Polynesia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This fourth option involves nothing short of decolonizing the Nation of Anishinabe.
- British army personnel were prioritized, but when the number of military dead surpassed that of British losses in Cyprus, the IRA realized that Britain would or could not easily decolonize Ireland.
- We had a policy under which the nations of the so-called ‘developing world,’ today, would have been decolonized immediately at the end of the war, under U.S. power.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These weak states originally were European colonies that achieved sovereignty as a result of decolonization.
- These developments are I think to be understood in the context of the final phases of decolonisation and the Cold War.
- If British governments ever pursued a distinct policy of decolonization, it was in the Afro-Caribbean world between 1960 and roughly 1966.
Palabras que riman con decolonizerecolonize
Definición de decolonize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda