- (Of a country) withdraw from (a colony), leaving it independent: they must decolonize French PolynesiaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This fourth option involves nothing short of decolonizing the Nation of Anishinabe.
- British army personnel were prioritized, but when the number of military dead surpassed that of British losses in Cyprus, the IRA realized that Britain would or could not easily decolonize Ireland.
- We had a policy under which the nations of the so-called ‘developing world,’ today, would have been decolonized immediately at the end of the war, under U.S. power.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These weak states originally were European colonies that achieved sovereignty as a result of decolonization.
- These developments are I think to be understood in the context of the final phases of decolonisation and the Cold War.
- If British governments ever pursued a distinct policy of decolonization, it was in the Afro-Caribbean world between 1960 and roughly 1966.
Más definiciones de decolonizeDefinición de decolonize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional