Definición de decompensation en inglés:
1The failure of an organ (especially the liver or heart) to compensate for the functional overload resulting from disease.
- The major contributing factor for heart failure decompensation was medication lapses.
- Patients with chronic liver disease and signs of decompensation should be assessed for transplantation before they become critically ill.
- We excluded patients with hepatitis B, HIV infection, or hepatic decompensation.
- Example sentences
- ‘This is a significant finding from a large population of patients and will certainly aid in the development of guidelines for treating patients with acute decompensated heart failure,’ said Abraham.
- The single most expensive diagnosis in the U.S. health care system, acutely decompensated heart failure, represents 1 million primary and 2.5 million secondary hospital admissions annually.
- A complete diagnosis should include the cause of the liver disease and determine if the patient has decompensated liver disease.
Definición de decompensation en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan