- 1An organism, especially a soil bacterium, fungus, or invertebrate, that decomposes organic material.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These organisms form the important class of decomposers within the food web, without which cellulose would continue to accumulate in the environment.
- Once an organism has died, be it plant or animal, the phosphorus is returned directly to the soil by the action of decomposers such as bacteria and fungi.
- Finally, decomposers are organisms such as bacteria and fungi that feed on the remains of dead plants and animals.
Más definiciones de decomposerDefinición de decomposer en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional