- We will match their determination with our own; we will be as resolute as they are fanatical; as strong in defence of good as they are hell-bent on doing evil.
- Were they standing firm in defence of our traditional country sports?
- My article was rather a statement not just in my own defence, but in defence of the whole tradition of the kind of fiction that I belong to.
- He hints that his place in the pantheon is not yet secure, though Saturday's contest will extend to eight his record of world title defences.
- Fast forward to the present day and it turns out that the current European Championships are staging a whole host of title defences.
- And, of course, Mike and Kitty are the proud possessors of Jim's Lonsdale Belt won for those successful defences on his British title.
- The gap is a function of demographics, strategy, defense spending, and military policy.
- Those who formulate defense policy and military strategy must learn to see beyond the immediate and the obvious.
- Differences in population growth create fundamental trends that influence military strategy and defence policy.
- The main defence against them is protective clothing - gas masks and special suits made of rubber or treated synthetic cloth.
- Everyone at the barrier, considered by Bogside people to be their main line of defence, was either dead or wounded.
- His study identified a variety of ways that a bank employee could defeat the main line of defence in the central security system guarding PIN numbers.
- The Romans also developed tunnelling for military purposes, either by breaking through behind enemy defences or by undermining fortifications to cause their collapse.
- In the first six months of 1944 Rommel strongly reinforced the defences and placed obstacles on all large beaches.
- Outside the main defences lay large outworks such as the Terra Nova and Fort William.
- Their defense played a huge role in helping them reach the playoffs for the third time in Edwards' four seasons.
- The Colombia goalkeeper marshalled a defence that conceded 21 goals in 34 league games.
- Good goal keeping and a solid defence prevented Oakworth getting an equaliser.
- Stam played, and against a modest team United's defence conceded two goals.
- The very sight of a player running through the defence holding the stick in one hand and guiding the ball throughout as if it was glued to the stick is something to behold.
- Part of the dismal run is the team's porous defence which has conceded an incredible 52 goals in 29 matches.
- It is clear law that in any context in which consent of the injured party is a defence to what would otherwise be a crime or a civil wrong, the consent must be real.
- One of these standards is that an accused person must be given full opportunity to present his defence.
- In its defence the Third Party has admitted liability by the defendant but denies any obligation for contribution or indemnity.
- The magistrates agreed to the defence counsel's application for the defendants' costs to be taxed and paid out of central funds.
- Later on the same day, the required documentation was sent by the plaintiff's solicitor to defence counsel.
- The judge also left provocation to the jury, though the defence did not request this.
defense in depth
- The practice of arranging defensive lines or fortifications so that they can defend each other, especially in case of an enemy incursion.Oraciones de ejemplo
- It has been claimed that fortified defence lines, supported by defence in depth, were an outmoded concept in the face of a warfare of movement.
- In the 1720s, the strategic military forces were concentrated around Moscow, able to deploy to any theater, while a series of fortified lines were constructed along the outer perimeters to provide a defense in depth.
- As the Stalin Line had been largely dismantled, there was no defence in depth.
Middle English: from Old French defens, from late Latin defensum (neuter), defensa (feminine), past participles of defendere 'defend'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·fense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.