Showing defiance: she was in a defiant mood
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Croydon continued to press but the Oxted defence remained in a defiant mood.
- It was a last defiant gesture of a man awarded medals for serving his country in Malaya.
- There is a defiant resistance under way all over the world, and we would do well to join it.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The piece is defiantly unglossy in both subject matter and execution: it reads less like a letter than a charge sheet.
- In the distance looms the Kirk O'Shotts, its grey stone walls standing defiantly against a bare landscape.
- Paul, determined to sound brave and tough, raises his head defiantly.