The stopping of fibrillation of the heart by administering a controlled electric shock in order to allow restoration of the normal rhythm.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.
- This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.
- Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Paramedics do not, and nurses rarely defibrillate patients in our hospital.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was immediately initiated and he was promptly electrically defibrillated.
- The second model assumed that a reduction in response time would increase the probability of receiving defibrillation as well as improving survival from defibrillation in those who were defibrillated.
Más definiciones de defibrillationDefinición de defibrillation en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional