- A disease caused by the lack of some essential or important element in the diet, usually a particular vitamin or mineral. See also immunodeficiency.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This was determined to be one of the vitamins that prevented beriberi, a deficiency disease marked by inflammatory or degenerative changes of the nerves, digestive system and heart.
- This is an extremely low level, and it represents only the amount needed to prevent health problems such as scurvy, a vitamin deficiency disease.
- A few years, ago, an American Medical team in India found thousands of children suffering from Kwashiorkor, a protein deficiency disease.
Más definiciones de deficiency diseaseDefinición de deficiency disease en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional