- The rapidly growing yearling is further jeopardized when twice daily feedings are already marginal or deficient in protein quality.
- The summer growing season of kenaf corresponds with low quality forages deficient in protein in the Southeast.
- I told myself that my attitude, knowledge, and skill cost a patient's life and I was deficient in all those qualities that a doctor should have.
- The report accuses prosecutors of conducting deficient investigations or presenting inadequate evidence at the trials.
- She blames deficient preparation and insufficient commitment on the part of the school, but she also notes impediments in the exams themselves.
- Similarly, she has not observed or complained about any deficient workmanship in the insulation and drywall and she believes that none exists with respect to her residence.
Late 16th century (originally in the theological phrase deficient cause, denoting a failure or deficiency that has a particular consequence): from Latin deficient- 'failing', from the verb deficere (see defect1).
Palabras que riman con deficientcoefficient, efficient, proficient, sufficient
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·fi·cient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.