Definición de defilade en inglés:
The protection of a position, vehicle, or troops against enemy observation or gunfire.
- It shares the disadvantage of most Soviet tanks in having limited ability to depress the main gun, thus not being capable of firing effectively from defilade and being forced to expose itself to engage targets.
- Later, we backed into defilade long enough to reload our 90 mm ammunition, then reoccupied our position on the crest of the hill and resumed firing.
- The inner cordon positions must set where they will be in defilade of the other inner cordon positions and the assault force in the event of a direct fire engagement.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Protect (a position, vehicle, or troops) against enemy observation or gunfire: (as adjective defiladed) a defiladed tank
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During a later assault, six enemy soldiers gained a defiladed spot and began to throw grenades into the perimeter making it untenable.
- After returning to a defiladed position, he skillfully rescued and evacuated a wounded officer.
- It was ideal for for engaging targets in ravines, reverse slope positions, and in other defiladed positions.
Definición de defilade en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary