verbo[with object] Chemistry
Break up the floccules (of a substance suspended in a liquid) into fine particles, producing a dispersion.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yeast strains grown to saturation in 10 ml liquid medium overnight and were deflocculated by two washes in sodium citrate.
- Under such conditions the stability of soil aggregates will decrease and clays will break down and deflocculate.
- The samples were rolled and then the total clay-rich sample was deflocculated and deslimed by continuous washing under gently running water.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Deflocculation may be acceptable during mixing, but strong deflocculation and over-deflocculation are not generally desirable in ceramic forming bodies.
- When using aqueous cleaning, several mechanisms such as dissolution, wetting, emulsification, deflocculation, saponification, and sequestration generally are employed.
- Proper deflocculation allows the use of less water to make the slip a liquid, this keeps the molds from getting too wet.
Definición de deflocculate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional