Illegally obtain money from (someone) by deception: he used a false identity to defraud the bank of thousands of dollars [no object]: conspiracy to defraud
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Five men deny conspiracy to defraud their customers and the public between August 1995 and March 2001.
- There is no offence of deceiving a machine, but there may be a conspiracy to defraud a machine's owner.
- This 10 year old scam has defrauded folks out of tens of millions of dollars.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But in my opinion instead of making too much efforts to defeat the evil schemes of defrauders, it is high time China established a social welfare network that is more inclusive and more efficient.
- ‘We have this for security reasons only,’ said the manager, who explained that it was tool to help bouncers identify patrons who were known brawlers or defrauders.
- Acquittal on all counts was the only fair outcome from a prosecution case cobbled together by one man with a vendetta and a family of liars and defrauders.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·fraud
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda