Definición de deglaciation en inglés:
1The disappearance of ice from a previously glaciated region.
- Glaciation and deglaciation of the continents are important mechanisms for changing the volume of water in ocean basins.
- The effects of deglaciation on tropical regions are not fully understood, but ambient temperatures at equatorial latitudes were cooler by approximately 5C during the last glacial maximum.
- Then the amount of snowfall tapers off during the next 200 years of deglaciation.
1.1A period of geological time during which deglaciation takes place: the last deglaciation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I know it's not as well understood - but what is the approximate time frame over which carbon dioxide values returned to normal after the catastrophic deglaciations in the late Precambrian?
- The Younger Dryas Event is a climate reversal preceded and followed by abrupt warming during the deglaciation period about 11,000 years BP, according to the conventional chronology.
- The difference between plant response to the Paelocene-Eocene warming and to the last deglaciation suggests that vegetation can't always respond quickly.
Definición de deglaciation en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India