Definición de deglaciation en inglés:
1The disappearance of ice from a previously glaciated region.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Glaciation and deglaciation of the continents are important mechanisms for changing the volume of water in ocean basins.
- The effects of deglaciation on tropical regions are not fully understood, but ambient temperatures at equatorial latitudes were cooler by approximately 5C during the last glacial maximum.
- Then the amount of snowfall tapers off during the next 200 years of deglaciation.
1.1A period of geological time during which deglaciation takes place: the last deglaciation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I know it's not as well understood - but what is the approximate time frame over which carbon dioxide values returned to normal after the catastrophic deglaciations in the late Precambrian?
- The Younger Dryas Event is a climate reversal preceded and followed by abrupt warming during the deglaciation period about 11,000 years BP, according to the conventional chronology.
- The difference between plant response to the Paelocene-Eocene warming and to the last deglaciation suggests that vegetation can't always respond quickly.
Definición de deglaciation en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán