verbo[with object] Chemistry
Remove a hydrogen atom or atoms from (a compound).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Alcohol dehydrogenase is an enzyme that takes a hydrogen atom from (dehydrogenates) an alcohol molecule.
- Addition of ethylene, through a Friedel-Crafts alkylation, to benzene affords ethylbenzene, which can be dehydrogenated to give styrene.
- Carbon dioxide is formed when formic acid is dehydrogenated.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A second dehydrogenation turns acetaldehyde into acetic acid, aka vinegar, which gets digested as usual.
- The entire process simulation - alcohol dehydrogenation, carbonyl polishing and distillation - was operated continuously for eight weeks.
- Industrially, they are mainly manufactured as the products of the dehydrogenation, or oxidation, of secondary alcohols.
Definición de dehydrogenate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda