Decline in industrial activity in a region or economy: severe deindustrialization with substantial job losses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Economic contraction and deindustrialization in mass-production industries in the 1970s and early 1980s accelerated the decline in union membership.
- Changing economic circumstances as a result of deindustrialization and market forces dramatically affect local areas and lead to a variety of local-level responses.
- The war's aftermath brought the beginnings of the city's deindustrialization, which hit black sections of the working class most acutely.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time Britain's rulers deindustrialised the cotton industry of India.
- A venerable literature criticizes the economics of empire - for draining wealth from the colonies, deindustrializing their economies, and discriminating against local industry.
- In Italy, it was once assumed that the collapse of urban industry led to the country becoming wholly deindustrialized.
Definición de deindustrialization en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional