Definición de deinstitutionalize en inglés:
Discharge (a long-term inmate) from an institution such as a mental hospital or prison: the changes aim to deinstitutionalize mentally ill people
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He explained the incident to the press by focusing on the problems created by deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill.
- Other women psychologists studied infant-mother attachment, memory and the brain, deinstitutionalized psychiatric patients, and developmental psychology.
- The city's mental health services were ‘deinstitutionalized’ in the 1960s and again in the 1980s without adequate community health facilities.
- Example sentences
- The bases for institutionalisation and deinstitutionalisation in mental health care remain poorly researched and understood
- Since the 1950s mental health care in most industrialised countries has been characterised by deinstitutionalisation, with national reforms varying in their pace, fashion, and exact results.
- Many obstacles to deinstitutionalisation still exist: psychiatrists have a very low threshold for hospital admission as they are held legally responsible for any misdoing by their patients.
Definición de deinstitutionalize en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan