Definición de delirious en inglés:
1In an acutely disturbed state of mind resulting from illness or intoxication and characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence of thought and speech.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If left untreated, the patient may be highly agitated, develop insomnia, become delirious or go into a coma.
- Vivid hallucinations and delirious illusions may also occur.
- His vision was dimming as the rock squeezed harder, his mind was almost delirious with the pain.
1.1In a state of wild excitement or ecstasy: there was a great roar from the delirious crowd
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had been delirious with excitement about the whole thing, from the moment they had been invited along.
- It requires delirious, wild optimism to believe madness on every continent will keep us safe indefinitely.
- While the penalty prompted singing and cheering from the crowd, the drop kick produced thunderous applause and brought a delirious crowd to their feet.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The goal of intervention is to provide symptomatic relief and to lower the deliriant threshold.
- It is used as a spice as well as acting as a deliriant if consumed in large quantities.
- Train stations kept filling up; deliriant crowds, people involved for the first time in their lives, could not get enough of Peron and Eva.
Palabras que riman con deliriousSirius
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India