Definición de delirium en inglés:
- Schizophrenia is conventionally distinguished from the organic psychoses dementia and delirium by the absence of intellectual compromise.
- The use of antidepressants, antipsychotics, or anticholinesterase inhibitors for insomnia related to delirium or dementia is also unproved.
- Some affected people suffer mental disturbances such as delirium, hallucinations, and even psychotic behaviour.
- Not only did the win send the home fans into state of rapturous delirium, but the achievement relieved the team's coach, who had looked tense during the final.
- ‘The thrill, the mad delirium of being free is beyond description,’ he writes.
- There's a floodlit stage and electronic band of ‘gruperos’ in transports of salsa-invoked delirium.
mid 16th century: from Latin, from delirare 'deviate, be deranged' (literally 'deviate from the furrow'), from de- 'away' + lira 'ridge between furrows'.
This is a Latin word adopted into English, from the verb delirare ‘deviate, be deranged’. The literal meaning is ‘deviate from the furrow’, from de- ‘away’ and lira ‘a ridge between furrows’.
Words that rhyme with deliriumMiriam
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.