- 1(In 19th-century France) the class of women considered to be of doubtful morality and social standing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whereas upper-class prostitutes of the demi-monde were involved in sexual liaisons outside marriage in order to gain influence and social advantage, most whores were regarded as social lepers.
- 1.1A group of people considered to be on the fringes of respectable society: the demimonde of arms dealsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In this opening section he does a good job of introducing the reader to the demimonde of pulp writers and how the industry that published them worked.
mid 19th century: from French demi-monde, literally 'half-world'.
Más definiciones de demimondeDefinición de demimonde en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional