Definición de demob en inglés:
verbo (demobs, demobbing, demobbed)[with object]
- Within ten weeks of the implementation of this new system, 56 per cent of officers and 78 per cent of men eligible for release were demobbed.
- After he was demobbed [demobilised from the army] he stayed for a while with his old friend in North Sydney, who was finishing his medical degree and would later go into practice.
- The 40th anniversary of the last National Serviceman to be demobbed is being marked by a special weekend of parades, guards of honour and the unveiling of a commemorative plaque.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Demobilization: we were waiting for our demob
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The demob suit also gave rise to the phrase ‘the full monty’ after Montague Burton, as some former soldiers were only given a two-piece suit, while others were given a waistcoat as well.
- In 1946 he took his demob suit and became lecturer in medicine at the Manchester Medical School.
- Forty years ago this summer, with the map of the Empire all but rolled up, the last British national servicemen returned to Blighty and swapped their battledress for demob suits.
1920s (following World War I): abbreviation.
Definición de demob en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan