- 1An advocate or supporter of democracy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like the democrats, the advocates of constitutional government also spoke a European language.
- I think the President is a democrat and in democracy we have preferences.
- I've always called myself a progressive and a democrat, but today I know that to be a democrat you have to be one in practice.
- 2 (Democrat) A member of the Democratic Party.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Republicans are no less democratic than Democrats, and Democrats just as republican.
- He had his share of policy reversals, mainly at the hands of Democrats in Congress.
- Leading Republican and Democrat members of Congress are questioning his tactics.
late 18th century (originally denoting an opponent of the aristocrats in the French Revolution of 1790): from French démocrate, on the pattern of aristocrate 'aristocrat'.
Más definiciones de democratDefinición de democrat en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional