- I'm not a very demonstrative person, having always been taught that emotion leads to weakness, so I was more than a little embarrassed.
- This wasn't a family that showed what it felt, or courted demonstrative friends.
- With his loud voice and demonstrative personality, Weis usually sets the tone on the practice field.
- The course's contents included the direct and cross examination of lay and expert witnesses, introduction of evidence and demonstrative exhibits, the making of closing arguments and the opening statement.
- He is very experienced in collating documents, summarizing evidence, arranging diagrammatic and demonstrative evidence and assisting with the general preparation for trial.
- In my view, when the admissibility of demonstrative evidence is in issue, in many cases, a traditional analysis of probative value really misses the point.
- Knowledge is composed of demonstrations, even if it may also include definitions; the method of science is demonstrative, even if it may also include the process of defining.
- Aquinas's philosophical theology is an elaborately developed, sophisticated system of knowledge modeled more or less closely on Aristotelian demonstrative science.
- It is cruel, inhuman and plainly wrong to keep fit parents from their precious children without a compelling, demonstrative reason.
- The best examples are the demonstrative pronouns this and that, for the reason that they are guaranteed a reference every time they are used.
- These are thoughts or judgements whose canonical expression is in terms of a demonstrative pronoun, ‘this’ or ‘that’, used to refer to some object in the perceived environment.
- Maybe I have a propensity for those sort of muddles, but maybe I'd rather have a propensity for that sort of a muddle, for my demonstrative pronouns are very dear to me.
- All the pronouns and demonstratives have different forms for each conjunctive, creating such words as walalanggalangguwuy, meaning ‘originating from them’.
- Among the definite determiners are the demonstratives this and that, these and those.
- Note that there is variation not only in verb agreement, but also in agreement with demonstratives - this vs. these.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the latter is demonstratively untrue it appears that the case is made.
- He demonstratively threw down the red jacket in front of the City Council building.
- His huge hands move about demonstratively as he discusses the new movie and his career.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Emotional demonstrativeness has never been our particular modus operandi.
- Neither was given to demonstrativeness and communicated quietly the pain of ultimate separation.
- Her mother's warmth and demonstrativeness were coupled with a decisive bias toward action.
Late Middle English (in the senses 'serving as conclusive evidence of' and 'making manifest'): from Old French demonstratif, -ive, from Latin demonstrativus, from demonstrare 'point out' (see demonstrate).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: de·mon·stra·tive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.